Joe's Blog

I will be posting updates about my upcomming trip to Washington, DC. I will also be adding pictures. Check back frequently and make sure you bookmark this website.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Summary of DC trip


















I am back in FreYes now and my trip to DC was awesome. The last day (Tues) that I was there I went to the top of the Washington Monument in the morning. You could get a complete 360 degree view of the whole city. I also walked over to the Thomas Jefferson memorial and the FDR memorial.


My last stop on the trip was to the Arlington National Cemetary. I took a little tour and we
stopped at the Eternal Flame (JFK) burial site. We then went to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. That was pretty neat seeing the soldier pace back and forth guarding the tomb 24/7.
I saw where Audie Murphy was buried, he was the most decorated soldier during WWII.

I have posted some of my Race pictures on the FLICKR website. Link is off to the Right. Thanks to everyone who has been reading the blog. It was a once in a lifetime trip and I am glad I got to share it with you all.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Favorite Grandson for your summary. I have printed everything off in order and will keep it to refresh our memory once in awhile. We are expecting to get a little of your rain that might pass through your area tonight. But looks like you have a good weekend ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home